KB960714:MS08-078 Internet Explorer Security Update
KB960714:MS08-078 Internet Explorer Security Update – KB960714 has been released to solve THE IE Problem/IE Vulnerability that has been occurring in Internet Explorer 7.The company said on the KB960714:
Microsoft has announced an out-of-cycle patch release for a critical, remote-code-execution, vulnerability in Microsoft Internet Explorer (CVE-2008-4844). The patch, to be released on December 17, will address the vulnerability across multiple versions on Internet Explorer running on supported Windows platforms.
Here is the procedure:
* Download Offline Update from the download link below and extract is somewhere
* Run the file in the root folder called “DownloadStarterGUI.exe”
* Choose what operating system and language you want patches for. You also have two options what type of disks you want. One disk per operating system or one disk for all operating systems. I recommend the cross platform version. Once you have chosen one, press Start
* The system will now start downloading the appropriate patches via a DOS like interface. It will close when it finishes.
* Once it finishes, navigate to the folder where you extracted Offline Update to and goto the folder titled “iso”. In here you will find the ISO that Offline Update created. Burn this to a CD or DVD using your favorite burning application.
* In one of the most common burning applications “Nero Express”. You will need to choose the option “Disk Image or Saved Project”, use the “Files of Type:” drop down and choose “Image Files” and navigate to where the Offline Update image file was created. Then click open and start burning.
* To run it, just put the disk in the drive and it should autorun. If it doesnt, Open the disk in “My Computer” and run the file “UpdateStarterGUI.exe”.
That’s all we have for now on KB960714:MS08-078 Internet Explorer Security Update.